What to do if you find a stray animal:
- Do not endanger yourself or the animal! Let the animal approach you or call animal control if you cannot safely approach.
- Animal Protection Services 702-455-7710 (unincorporated Clark County)
Las Vegas' Animal Protection Services 702-229-6444
North Las Vegas' Animal Protection Services 702-633-9111
Henderson Animal Control 702-267-4970
NSPCA does NOT accept strays.
- If you cannot hold onto the animal until Animal Services arrives, take the animal to the nearest veterinarian. They can also scan the animal for a microchip.
- Check for a collar with contact information. Try to keep the animal in the area they were found, as it's more likely to lead to their home.
- Found Pet' notices on social media and internet sites (PawBoost.com, 24petconnect.com), as well as hanging posters in the neighborhood.
- If someone claims an animal, make sure they have evidence that proves
they are the owner!